Monday, April 16, 2012

Mobile Commerce: Paying with your Smartphone

I use my iPhone a lot, a good amount of time browsing and shopping online. I have yet to try square and other mobile payment schemes mainly because I have this paranoia with credit card scams in general. What's stopping hackers into getting on my iPhone and shopping away? And gosh, the idea of my iPhone getting stolen and being used around the place just freaks me out.


The big tech developers are not giving it enough attention though M-commerce is obviously on the rise, consumers today not only love to purchase via their portable phones, they don't leave home without and rely on their mobile for just about everything. There’s space enough for a big improvement when it comes to the mobile shopping experience – consumers definitely want a streamlined and less buggy payment processes. The by-line is they want their credit lines safeSo what's the appeal of paying through let's say with your iPhone at a retail location? Its just handy! A new mobile payment solution would benefit large merchants such as Wal-mart, Costco, Bendels and Target. Though I like the idea of mobile shopping in general, I don't feel yet the technology for mobile commerce has a safety net for consumers. So for now I'm sticking with plastic and paper for my shopping convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment